In the eighth episode, Brenna’s on her own (or so she thinks) to talk about making do and about the late-Fall programming plan for Learning Technology and Innovations. Listen for the cameo at the end of the show.
“Groot” is what Brenna calls her son on the internet.
Credit to the brilliant Nap Ministry for contributing to Brenna’s ongoing learning and unlearning about rest.
Here are descriptions of and links to all the programming Brenna talks about in this week’s episode:
Our Lessons Learned Series invites you to share your expertise and draw on the experiences of others as we reflect on the most frequent needs raised by the community in the last semester. Join us for sessions each Tuesday at lunchtime for the last half of the semester.
- What Should Be in Your Moodle Shell (Oct. 20, 12:30 – 2:00): The start of term was rocky for many of us. What can we do with those empty Moodle shells for Winter term to make sure the space sets us, and our students, up for success? To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/moodleshell
- Creative Quizzing (Oct 27, 12:30 – 2:00): How can you best use the quizzing tool to meaningfully assess learning and have fun? Join Jamie for this informative session that will get you rethinking the quiz. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/creativequizzing
- If I Knew Then What I Know Now (Nov 3, 12:30 – 2:00): We’ve all learned a lot this semester. Join us for this session to reflect on the true lessons learned this term, and pool our advice for the semester to come. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/ifiknew
- Effective Video Work in Moodle (Nov 10, 12:30 – 2:00): We’re all relying on video a lot more than we used to! Join Jon to talk about what worked, what didn’t, and how to knock it out of the park for January. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/effectivevideo
- Faculty Showcase (Nov 17, 12:30 – 2:00): We’re celebrating the folks who jumped in with both feet and made something marvellous this semester! Join Brian to see what your colleagues were up to in Fall, and get some great ideas for Winter. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/showcase
- Have the Best Week 1 Ever!… Next Term (Nov 24, 12:30 – 2:00): With all we now know about building community and setting tone, let’s plan the best first week for the Winter term so we can enjoy the holiday feeling ready to go for January. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/week1
Additional workshop offerings for Fall 2020:
- Gradebook Studio: Join Jamie for small-group Gradebook support. Whether you want to master the tool or just need someone to fix it before finals, our Gradebook Studio series gives you the opportunity to get to know the fine points of Gradebook — just in the nick of time! Use the Scheduler in Moodle to book your slot: https://moodle.tru.ca/mod/scheduler/view.php?id=1181851
- Learning Without Walls Tour (Oct. 29, 12:30 – 2:00): Do you ever wonder what the student Moodle experience is like? Come and join Matthew and Marie for an in-depth tour of our Moodle support shell for students, and learn how you can make use of its resources in your own teaching. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/lww
- Alternative Assessments in Alternate Delivery (Nov. 6, 10:00 – 11:30): Looking for ways to assess students fairly and accurately at the end of your course? Join Brenna Clarke Gray from LTI and Carolyn Ives from CELT to explore the range of alternative assessments — just in time for finals! We’ll look at practical tweaks and aspirational redesigns to make your final assessments better — for you, and for your students. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/event/3585613
- Teams/O365 Help (Nov. 9, 12:30 – 2:00): Have you dabbled with Teams this term, but would like to get more out of it? Join Matthew and his guest Leanne Mihalicz (Instructor, ESTR) to learn about how your colleagues are using Teams for their workflow and consider the opportunities Office365 offers. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/teams
- Moodle 911 (Daily Nov. 30 – Dec 4, 10-11 am.): Back by popular demand for new faculty joining us in Winter, this one-week Moodle boot camp — one hour a day, with lots of time to build and work in between sessions — will get your shell whipped into shape. We’ll also provide new faculty access to a Model Moodle Shell they can use for planning their own Moodle courses. To register: https://tru.libcal.com/calendar/7574/moodle911
Available for download as a .docx file here.
Available for download as a .pdf file here.